See also, the page specific to A Level which includes a file of resources mapped to the A Level content.
With outstanding free resources such as Desmos, GeoGebra and WolframAlpha which are also available as apps for tablets and phones as well as desktop versions we can easily illustrate concepts in our day to day lessons. Also note Autograph which will be available as an all-device web version in the new year and Graspable Math.
For older students, we quite rightly have the Use of Technology as a requirement of the course, something that we should be using all the time, not just occasionally. We need to make sure we are using technology for learning for all our students.
Will Hornby of OCR has written very clearly on calculators in The truth about calculators for Maths A Levels (March 2020). Will has referred to JCQ instructions for conducting examinations, making this article relevant to whichever exam board you use.
For excellent advice on the use of Technology, see these MEI pages:
From Edexcel comes this helpful guide with links to numerous GeoGebra files:
A Guide to using GeoGebra when teaching AS and A Level Mathematics.
Further GeoGebra resources are discussed in this post.
You can find an excellent calculator guide for the Casio FX991EX-ClassWiz on Dr Frost’s site.
Maths Conference #24 – October 2020
The following resources are those mentioned in my presentation.
- Transition to A Level Maths – AMSP
- The Standards Unit
- Maths4All – includes the CIMT Interactive resources and text chapters
- Adding Integers – GeoGebra
- PhET simulations (Equality Explorer)
- Wisweb Applets HTML5 (includes Standards Unit Software)
- Calculators and Tools including Quadratic Formula Calculator and Solver
- Math Open Reference including Constructions demonstrations.
- Graspable Math
- Increasingly Difficult Questions
- GeoGebra for Edexcel GCSE Higher
- Desmos Classroom Activities
- Worked Examples – A Level
- Integration – Desmos and WolframAlpha
- AQA Specimen Paper example – Desmos
- MEI Student Tasks
- MEI Desmos GCSE Tasks
- Open Middle
- Teachit Maths – The Shape of the Quadratic Function
- Knowledge Organisers
- Underground Mathematics and Review Questions
- Circle Theorems – GeoGebra
- Transum Mathematics
- IDEMS International eCampus – Maths Bridging Course GCSE to A Level
- Edexcel Guide to GeoGebra for AS and A Level Mathematics
- Transum Refreshing Revision