For November 2022 – See Examinations – Mathematics November 2022
The resources below use the advance information for Summer 2022, see Examinations November 2022 for resources using the Advance November information as well as general revision resources.
See also GCSE Mathematics Paper 3
- Advance Information from the Exam Boards
- Formula Sheets – all examination boards, OCR formula tests
- Corbett Maths – all examination boards – such good resources
- Maths Genie – all examinations boards
- Dr Frost Maths, Edexcel including IGCSE, AQA GCSE & Level 2 Further Maths and OCR skills aligned to advance information
- ExamQ – Edexcel GCSE Higher Questions (and A Level) by topic, Mr Watts
- White Rose Maths – Practice Papers & Mark Schemes (AQA, Edexcel) and Pre-exam workshops (AQA, Edexcel. OCR)
- PixiMaths – Edexcel Higher best guess papers for Papers 2 & 3
- Mr Hart – GCSE Mixed Revision, Edexcel
- A Little Bit of Maths Each Day – Wayne Chadburn Edexcel
- Sparx Maths – all examination boards, Edexcel IGCSE included also
- BBC Bitesize – all boards including Eduqas
- Diagnsotic Questions (Edexcel and AQA)
- Mathsbox – Skills Checks Edexcel, AQA, OCR
- 1st Class Maths – Foundation and Higher papers based on AQA advance information, also AQA Level 2 Further Maths
- AHS Maths – Edexcel – Hegarty, Corbett Maths and Just Maths Revision Guide links
- Just Maths – Take 5 (Edexcel)
- Maths White Board (AQA, Edexcel, OCR)
- Third Space Learning – papers for AQA, Edexcel, OCR
- Richard Morely – videos, each with a notes jotter (Edexcel)
- Ben Gordon – Mixed Six (Edexcel)
- Gareth Evans – Crossover Revision Grids (Edexcel)
- Maths Teacher Hub question papers (Edexcel)
- GCSE Maths Tutor – Edexcel practice booklets, videos and revision check-lists AQA, Edexcel, and OCR
- Potential crossover topics for GCSE Edexcel Maths 2022 – Bharti Karadia
- Brooke Hunter – student-friendly AQA level 2 Further Maths – Dr Frost Skills
- Custom Maths Revision Starters
- Core Maths
- A Level Resources
See also – Mathematics Revision including many short questions which can make ideal revision. And note from Mr Neill, a brilliant resource, all Edexcel, AQA and OCR GCSE maths questions by topic with answers from June 2017 to Nov 2020 (9-1), available all on pdf, PowerPoint or Promethean.
For AQA A Level Dr Tom Bennison is adding revision resources to this page. As you can see from Tom’s post he is planning to provide a set of “practice” papers for AQA A-Level Maths and AQA A-Level Further Maths, a paper for OCR FSMQ and then some “Exam warmup” grids for use before the exams.
From Naiker Maths an A level Predicted paper 1 based on advance info from Edexcel.
The first paper you will see has 12 questions, and a mark scheme is also provided.
On ExamQ from Mr Watts you can quickly search for Edexcel Maths GCSE and A-Level exam questions. You can choose from GCSE Higher, AS or A level, you can also select by exam series, paper, area and topic. Selecting Summer 2022 Advanced Information displays a menu of questions by paper based on the Advance Information.
The interface is very clear indeed, easily display the questions or mark schemes.
From Pearson/Edexcel, comes a very valuable resource, under Summer 2022, Support, A Level Mathematics Topic Tests, is a new set of topic tests (no login required) for Pure Mathematics (10 tests), Mechanics (5 tests) and Statistics (5 tests) are provided. These are very comprehensive, not only do we have the questions and mark schemes but further notes. Looking at an example, the first test of the Pure Mathematics tests is on Proof, 5 varied questions cover the knowledge, skills and understanding relevant to Pearson’s qualification. The tests are designed to be used with the advance information for the subject as well as general marking guidance for the qualification.
See also Mathematics Worked Examples – A Level.
Also available in a similar format from Pearson Edexcel are A Level Further Mathematics Topic Tests. Tests are available in both Word and pdf format for Papers 1 and 2 (9 tests), and Papers 3A (7 tests), 3B (8 tests), 3C (5 tests), and 3D )5 tests.
The first test in the Paper 1 and 2 pack for example is on Proof, 7 questions provide comprehensive coverage of Proof.
For Core Maths, note the very helpful section, Pre-release materials in Getting Started with Core Maths from Catherine Van Saarloos.
- Links to an A level exam pack from Tayub Majeed for the Edexcel Advanced Information
Whilst not written for the advance information, the following resources may be useful if you are searching by topic for A level Maths and Further Maths:
- AQA Topic Tests for Maths and Further Maths
- OCR A Delivery Guides and Check In Tests
- OCR B Delivery Guides and Check In Tests
- Pearson Classroom Tests
- From amsp this brilliant collection of short videos produced by the legacy Further Mathematics Support Program supports the Further Maths Specification.
- MathedUp! A level Maths takeaway
- MathedUp! A Level Further Maths takeaway
Advance Information for summer 2022 exams is now available.
- AQA all subjects, Mathematics A Level, Further Mathematics A Level, Mathematics GCSE, Level 2 Further Maths
- Edexcel Summer 2022 Support, Mathematics & Further Mathematics A Level, Mathematics GCSE, Mathematics IGCSE
- OCR, use the dropdown menu to select a qualification
- OCR blog post on the advance information
- AQA maths formulae sheets for the 2022 exams
- Edexcel formulae sheets
- OCR Update on the formulae sheet for GCSE (9-1) Maths assessments in 2022.
- Eduqas formulae sheets (choose Summer 2022 Adaptations)
The Exams Office publishes regular updates, available to all. This is a really useful resource and includes all their updates including from JCQ, DfE and all the examination boards. As well as AQA, OCR and Pearson you will find for example City and Guilds and International Examinations.
Whilst we have this advance information, it should perhaps be regarded with some caution; we cannot assume too much about what will not be on the examination. It is still important to teach the complete specification, many students will be going on to study A level, but the many revision resources appearing based on the advance information for Mathematics will provide a useful focus for revision. I will keep this post updated as new resources are created.
To start, from TeachitMaths an AQA Maths partnership resource: GCSE mathematics-small things make a big difference; many really useful and important reminders for students.
See GCSE 2022 on Corbett Maths, John Corbett has released lots of high-quality support material for Edexcel, AQA, OCR, and CCEA for both Foundation and Higher. You will find papers, revision checklists (hyperlinked to videos), also YouTube playlists, content is still being added. The papers are in the style of John Corbett’s “A Bit of Everything” papers – a resource I have always liked.
On Maths Genie, you will find videos, exam questions and solutions for AQA, Edexcel and OCR.
On Dr Frost Maths, we have the skills involved in Edexcel’s Foundation GCSE papers 2022, as per the official guidance, thank you to @VinculumL of New College Durham. You can find Edexcel papers including the higher papers and IGCSE on the Edexcel courses page on Dr Frost Maths; scroll to the last courses on the page to see the IGCSE courses.
On ExamQ from Mr Watts you can quickly search for Edexcel Maths GCSE Higher and A-Level exam questions. You can select by exam series, paper, area and topic. Selecting Summer 2022 Advanced Information displays a menu of questions by paper based on the Advance Information. The interface is very clear indeed, easily display the questions or mark schemes.
From White Rose Maths (scroll down), Foundation and Higher papers and mark schemes based on the AQA and Edexcel advance information are available. Also available are pre-exam workshops for Edexcel, AQA and OCR; the workshops are slideshows with answers included – ideal for final revision.
From PixiMaths, Best Guess Papers and Mark Schemes for Edexcel Papers 2 and 3.
From Mr Hart (@hartmaths) GCSE Edexcel Mixed Revision.
From Wayne Chadburn, I do like his little bit of Maths each day calendars, see these for March, April and May. Do check all three calendars as these have been written to focus on each of the three papers and the topic lists announced by Edexcel. Whilst written with Edexcel in mind these are great revision resources whichever board you use. Full solutions are provided.
From Sparx Maths, 2022 GCSE and IGCSE Advance Information – Sparx Topics and Key Questions. This is a brilliant resource, a whole collection of carefully selected questions. Great to see questions for IGCSE.
On BBC Bitesize, you will find links to resources for AQA, Edexcel, Eduqas and OCR. Scroll down to M for the Mathematics links.
Craig Barton has provided links for quizzes on Diagnostics Questions mapped to Edexcel’s and AQA’s Higher and Foundation advance information.
On Mathsbox, we have some really useful skills checks – one or two-page documents with answer sheets aligned to the AQA, Edexcel and OCR advance information.
See also AQA Further Maths Level 2. for Paper 1 and video solutions.
Returning to Corbett Maths, AHS Maths has linked Corbett videos (and for those who have them – Hegarty Maths and the revision guide from Just Maths) to the Edexcel advanced information for GCSE Foundation and Higher.
Look for the Corbett video number here. Remember that with Corbett Maths, not only do we have the videos but worked examples by topic too.
From Just Maths, “Take 5”, a maximum of 5 questions aligned with the advance information from the Edexcel Foundation papers in ascending difficulty, primarily from older papers. You will find the Just Maths Take 5 post pinned to the top of the Just Maths blog. Note that the post will be updated including the addition of the Higher tier.
On Maths White Board, Matt Woodfine has created worksheets based on the advanced information from AQA, Edexcel and OCR; each time you create a worksheet, you get new questions, answers are included.
See also on Maths White Board:
- Revision Board – generate a starter based on the Advance Information
- Calendar Board
- Scavenger Board
- Domino Board
On Third Space Learning you can find papers for AQA, Edexcel and OCR.
Ben Gordon is creating “Mixed Six” tasks for each of the key skills and cross over topics from the Edexcel advanced information. He has provided a link to the presentation for the Mixed Up Sixes; the slides are sorted into papers 1, 2 and 3 with a blank template for those still to come.
Gareth Evans has made some Edexcel Crossover Revision Grids for each of the 3 GCSE papers based on this year’s advance information. There are 5 sets of each.
From The GCSE Maths Tutor, Edexcel practice booklets and videos, (AQA to follow soon) all free. Also higher and Foundation Revision Checklists – all exam boards, links are provided for Videos – all exam boards.
From Bharti Karadia, this clear document (note the tabs at the bottom) helps to identify potential crossover topics for Edexcel GCSE 2022.
From Brooke Hunter, for AQA, Level 2 Further Maths, a student-friendly version of the advanced information linked to DrFrostMaths key skill numbers throughout.