Many of these songs have gone down well for a considerable time.
The following songs have all gone down very well with students, particularly the Circle Song!
This on the Quadratic Formula makes my students smile – and they sing along! The One Direction Quadratic Formula song!
(A reminder of GCSE Formulae)
- YouTube – The Polygon Song
- I am a parallelogram by Peter Weatherall
- Platonic Solids by Peter Weatherall
- Angles Music Video by Peter Weatherall
- Mean Median & Mode Math Learning Upgrade
- Exponent Rules Math Learning Upgrade
- YouTube – Finite Simple Group (of Order Two
- YouTube – Animaniacs – Multiplication [ENLGISH WITH VIDEO]
- School of Rock – Math is a wonderful thing
- I really like math (I really like you, Carly Rae Jepsen) – YouTube
- Sesame Street: My Triangle with James Blunt (You’re Beautiful Parody)
- Tom Lehrer – New Math
The Klein Four are a bit beyond school Mathematics but you may appreciate this if you are studying a Mathematics degree!
….and of course, ‘Katie’s bad science’. I love this!
Original and re-edited version of Katie Melua’s song nine million bicycles proposed by Simon Singh and presented on Ted talks by Michael Shermer.
Pingback: 896÷8=112. Math Teachers, It’s Carnival Time! | Find the Factors
Pingback: Blog Carnival: Mathematics & Multimedia #22 | MathFour
The Circle song (2) was the ‘theme’ song of our holiday to France this summer, courtesy of my dughter’s year 7 teacher…
whenever we saw a circle… it was that tune again.
now I should really try to find out if the younger ones understand more about circles and Pi in the non-edible sense!